5 Tips To Help Sell Your Home in the New Year!
Christmas is a great time to begin thinking about getting your home ready to market in the New Year. Rightmove and Zoopla both report that January can often see an increase in the number of people looking for a property to rent or buy and that once the hustle and bustle of Christmas is out of the way, people start making plans for what their new year might bring, and that can often be a new home!
So what are the benefits of marketing your home during January?
1. The buyers who make the effort to look for their potential new homes in January, despite the inclement weather, are usually more committed buyers who are serious about making offers. 2. There are often fewer homes on the for sale market than in the spring, andthereforethere’slesscompetitionforyourownproperty.
So lets take a look at our 5 tips to get you moving in 2022!
1. Light Low natural light in winter can sometimes make interiors feel flat and unwelcoming, so make sure you let as much natural light into your rooms as possible. Pull back the curtains, roll up blinds and de-clutter and clear window sills. If viewings are taking place in the evenings ensure that your house is well lit when the viewers arrive to ensure that it looks welcoming from the outside and if possible light pathways and doors to make their arrival at the property as inviting as possible.
2. Property Maintenance You may have a few more jobs than usual to do to keep your home looking its best through the wintertime. Ensure paths are kept clear and tidy, keep your drains clean and if there is ice or snow, make sure all of the pathways to your home are easy to access.
3. Refresh your photography If photography is taken when ice or snow is on the ground it may be worth having new outside photographs taken once this has thawed to ensure that your property keeps looking fresh, as the weather changes.
4. Style for the season Buyers need to be able to imagine themselves living in your home, so the cosier and more welcoming it is, the easier it is for them to picture this. Soft furnishings and accessories are a simple way to transform the look of a room, so replace light cushions and throws with heavier fabrics and warmer colours. Winter-scented candles – think cinnamon, spiced pumpkin and orange – can also help create a welcoming seasonal vibe.
5. Discuss with your agent Your agent will have lots of tips and tricks to help you get your home looking at its best for winter and can also advise you what buyers are looking for at this time of year.
Why not get in touch with RF&O this winter and we will help you to find the very best strategy to sell your home and get moving in 2022!